To apply for any of our current job opportunities, please e-mail the requested documents to email@example.com with the job title written in the subject line. TBMS must receive all information requested in order to consider your candidacy. Qualified candidates only please. No calls. No agencies. Candidates selected for interview will be contacted. Turtle Bay Music School is an Equal Opportunity Employer.
Current Job Opportunities
Orff-Schulwerk Teaching Position
Founded in 1925, Turtle Bay Music School strives to spread the transformative power of music by providing the highest quality music education and experiences to all in the community who seek them. At TBMS, we believe music is an integral part of daily life and we offer classes for all ages and skill levels. Our community is inclusive, fun, and focused on meeting each student’s needs.
TBMS currently seeks a teaching artist to join our Orff-based P.S. Outreach Programs.
STATUS: Part-Time, Hourly
SALARY: $50 per class; no benefits or paid holidays
HOURS: TBD – Following the Public School Calendar and the TBMS lessons calendar (late September through June)
REPORTS TO: TBMS Community Programs Manager and Associate Director
The successful candidate will be asked to integrate creative movement, dance, song, vocal technique, listening, pitched and non-pitched percussion, ensemble playing, music literacy, recorder skills, solfege, and multicultural approaches. Orff-Schulwerk training and experience teaching public school classes preferred. Effective organization, communication (both written and verbal), and classroom management skills required. Must be willing to inspire student and community enthusiasm and build programs at site level.
A Bachelors or Masters Degree in Music or Music Education, with an emphasis in elementary music education is preferred. Flexibility, problem solving skills, and ability to maintain positive relationships with students, parents, community members and staff required. Choral experience is a plus, but is not required. Desire to be a part of a collaborative and collegial faculty is a must.
- Create and implement lesson plans that meet the individual needs, interests, and abilities of students within the framework of TBMS Orff-based programming guidelines.
- Institute clear objectives for all lessons, assignments, units and projects in accordance with curriculum goals.
- Establish and maintain a positive classroom environment conducive to learning by managing appropriate student behavior.
- Prescribe effective learning programs and initiate referrals to appropriate personnel when concerns arise.
- Maintain open lines of communication with administration concerning students’ musical, social, and behavioral progress.
- Accurate and regularly submitted attendance records with comments when applicable to track class success.
- Plan for and supervise classroom aides, guests and volunteers.
- Cooperate with staff and support personnel in assessing and evaluating programming.
- Other duties as assigned
Please email cover letter and resume to firstname.lastname@example.org. Please include in the subject line of the email “TBMS Orff-Schulwerk Position”. No phone calls, please. Turtle Bay Music School is an equal opportunity employer.
Volunteers are always welcome! Please contact email@example.com for information about volunteer opportunities. Thank you for your interest in Turtle Bay Music School.