Turtle Bay Music School’s 14th Annual Perform-A-Thon
May 17, 18, 19, & 20, 2018
Perform-A-Thon Fundraising Tips
- Set a goal and stay positive! Family and friends will respond to helping you reach your fundraising goals. The minimum to participate is $40. Decide on a number and go for it! Your positive energy and enthusiasm help encourage others to donate. Remember you’re raising funds for a great cause.
- Make it personal. Tell your potential supporters why you love TBMS and want to help. For more information about the programs your participation will support visit our website: www.tbms.org.
- Be creative! Use your musical skills. Have a home concert for friends and family and ask them to donate at the door. Once the weather warms up, a bake sale, lemonade stand, or car wash are all great ways to raise money. Let us know what you’re up to, we’d love to share your creativity with our community.
- Tap into your network. Ask your network of friends for support. They can contribute, and help spread the word on your behalf through email and social media. (Use your parents’ Facebook to reach people too!) Here is a sample status or a line to use in your emails:
On May____, I’ll be playing in Turtle Bay Music School’s Perform-A-Thon! Please support my performance and help TBMS continue to provide low-cost and free music education: make a donation today!
(Include a link to TBMS’s donation page: www.tbms.org/donate. Make sure they dedicate their gift to you.)
- Involve your (parents’) work place. Ask if your company matches employee charitable contributions. When you ask co-workers to donate, you can tell them their donations will go even further with a company match. Come up with fun incentives for co-workers to donate: a change jar, sweet treats, or play a song to thank them.
- Send out short reminders.Email friends and family reminding them that you will be playing at the Perform-A-Thon, and invite them to attend and donate.