Private Lessons at a Glance:
Who? TBMS offers private lessons to students age 5 through adult. Suzuki lessons are available for children ages 4+.
What? Students can choose from large selection of instruments and voice in a variety of musical styles, including classical, rock and pop, jazz, and folk.
When? You can begin your music lessons at any point during the 34 week academic year or during summer session.
Where? Lessons are offered 7 days a week at our brand new facility at 330 East 38th Street.
How? To get started, please fill out the Private Lesson Inquiry Form. This gives our placement team all the information we need to begin a personalized placement process and is the quickest way to generate an inquiry. Because finding the right teacher for you is paramount, a key component of the placement process is a trial lesson. This gives you an opportunity to meet the faculty member and ascertain whether their teaching style and personality are a good match for you. We also realize that lessons need to fit within your busy schedule with ease. Upon receipt of your form, a member of our placement team will reach out to you.
Alternatively, email or call Student Services Manager Amy Desiato at email@example.com or 212-753-8811 ext. 213.
Why choose TBMS?
Dedicated and talented faculty: Our highly qualified and experienced faculty have chosen teaching because they believe in the transformative power of music. No matter what a student’s goals are, our faculty meet the student where they are in their journey. Their goal is to inspire them to grow musically and as human beings.
By studying an instrument or voice at TBMS, students:
- Learn the technical, musical and theoretical fundamentals
- Experience the joy of making music solo as well as with others
- Find their unique voice
- Boost confidence and self-esteem
- Develop essential life skills such as self-discipline, commitment, critical and emotional thinking, time-management, and patience
Customer Service: The ongoing support of our placement and registration team during the year.
Performance opportunities: Student & Faculty Performances
Discounts and Flexibility: TBMS offers several ways for students and families to save on private lessons:
- Private lesson students save 10% on group classes, chamber groups, or ensembles.
- Sunshine Discount: 20% off weekday private lessons before 2pm.
- Family Discount: 5% off all tuition for families with 3 or more registrations.
- Flex Pass: Your private lesson happens on the same day and time each week, but only on weeks that work for you. Choose between the 8-Lesson Flex Pass, 45 minute lessons, or 6-Lesson Flex Pass, 60 minute lessons. You must use all your lessons within one semester.
You belong to the TBMS family: Our community is a large family of 5,000 New Yorkers from across the five boroughs and beyond, as well as our 60 faculty members and staff.
Tuition Assistance: TBMS is committed to increasing access to our programs by building and sustaining a tuition assistance program that meets the needs of our community. Click here for more information.